We work to enhance or restore your communication skills through Speech Therapy. Fidelity Home Health has a team of language pathologists and speech therapists who can provide specialized treatment for individuals with:
Our speech therapists figure out what kind of language problem a patient has. They determine what’s causing it and decide on the best treatment.
Our language pathologists and speech therapists can help with:
- Articulation problems: Not speaking clearly and making errors in sounds.
- Fluency problems: Trouble with the flow of speech, such as stuttering.
- Resonance or voice problems: Trouble with voice pitch, volume and quality.
- Oral feeding problems: Difficulty with eating, swallowing and drooling.
Our language pathologists and speech therapists can help treat:
- Receptive language problems: Trouble understanding (receiving) language.
- Expressive language problems: Trouble speaking (expressing) language.
- Pragmatic language problems: Trouble using language in socially appropriate ways.
Our language pathologists and speech therapists use strategies tailored for each patient’s particular challenge. Strategies might include:
- Language intervention activities: These activities build skills in a variety of ways, including modeling and giving feedback. The therapist might use pictures and books or play-based therapy. They may also use language drills to practice skills.
- Articulation therapy: The speech therapists model the sounds the patient has difficulty with. This might include demonstrating how to move the tongue to create specific sounds.
- Feeding and swallowing therapy: The speech therapists teach the patient exercises to strengthen the muscles of the mouth. This might include facial massage and various tongue, lip and jaw exercises. They might also use different food textures to encourage awareness during eating and swallowing.
Coping with your health care challenges can be easier when you have the right people to back you up. Fidelity Home Health will be there to assist you in any way that we can. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 215-710-0515 for immediate assistance from our staff.